Re: xserver-xfree86 not found on mirror

>Hmm that is odd I do the apt-get install xserver-xfee86 and I
get the
>message its already installed on my system, and then I did a
search for
>it and saw it was out there, what servers are you connecting
to in your
>/etc/apt/source.list?  Did you do a apt-get update?  Do a
apt-cache
>search xserver.
>
>Janis HAGELBERG wrote:
>
>>I've upgraded my debian potato dist., but now xfree doesn't
>>work anymore. the problem seems to be that the
xserver-xfree86
>>doesn't exist on any official debian mirror. did the name
>>changed, or am i looking for the wrong package?
>>because when i run "apt-get install xserver-xfree86", i get
>>message telling me that there is no candidate for this
>>package.
>>but as nobody ever mentioned this problem i'm probably doing
>>somthing completely wrong.
>>
>>-janis

i have tried "official" ftp mirrors. ftp.debian.org,
ftp.de.debian.org, ftp.de.debian.org, ftp.debian.de,
ftp.fr.debian.org

apt-get update and apt-cache search xserver only gave me the
old xservers (xserver-vga, xse..-mach8, ...). i even
downloaded a package list from every of those servers, but
none of the lists contained xserver-xfree86.