Re: xserver-xfree86 not found on mirror

I am using this in my /etc/apt/source.list

deb ftp://ftp-mirror.internap.com/pub/debian/ testing main
deb-src ftp://ftp-mirror.internap.com/pub/debian/ testing main
deb http://non-us.debian.org/debian-non-US testing/non-US main
deb-src http://non-us.debian.org/debian-non-US testing/non-US main

and here is my output of the apt-cache search xfree

apt-cache search xserver-xfree86
ttf-xtt-wadalab-gothic - Free Japanese TrueType fonts (gothic)
ttf-xtt-watanabe-mincho - Free Japanese TrueType fonts (mincho)
xfree86-common - X Window System (XFree86) infrastructure
xlibmesa3 - XFree86 version of Mesa 3D graphics library
xserver-common-v3 - files and utilities common to XFree86 3.x X servers
xserver-mach32 - X server for ATI Mach32-based graphics cards
xserver-s3 - X server for S3 chipset-based graphics cards
xserver-xfree86 - the XFree86 X server

So not sure why you don't see it maybe someone else with more knowledge then I can be of some help, maybe even try a apt-get install x-window-system x-window-system-core
Janis HAGELBERG wrote:

Hmm that is odd I do the apt-get install xserver-xfee86 and I
get the
message its already installed on my system, and then I did a
search for
it and saw it was out there, what servers are you connecting
to in your
/etc/apt/source.list? Did you do a apt-get update? Do a
apt-cache
search xserver.

Janis HAGELBERG wrote:

I've upgraded my debian potato dist., but now xfree doesn't work anymore. the problem seems to be that the
xserver-xfree86
doesn't exist on any official debian mirror. did the name changed, or am i looking for the wrong package? because when i run "apt-get install xserver-xfree86", i get
message telling me that there is no candidate for this package. but as nobody ever mentioned this problem i'm probably doing somthing completely wrong.

-janis

i have tried "official" ftp mirrors. ftp.debian.org, ftp.de.debian.org, ftp.de.debian.org, ftp.debian.de, ftp.fr.debian.org

apt-get update and apt-cache search xserver only gave me the old xservers (xserver-vga, xse..-mach8, ...). i even downloaded a package list from every of those servers, but none of the lists contained xserver-xfree86.