New Install

Title: New Install

I am a newbie to Debian, and I am running into a problem with the initial install. I am trying to install on a Compaq Deskpro EN system. This box has an integrated Intel PRO/100 VM nic. Debian does not list this adapter in the install routine. Intel's web site does have Linux drivers for this adapter, but they are non-Debian specific, and un-compiled at that. Being a newbie, I have no idea how to integrate these uncompiled drivers into the debian install. Would someone out there please take pity on me and provide me with step-by-step instructions on how to complete this install?

TIA,
Jon