2 pam problems: xdm & cron

Hello,

I upgraded to unstable(woody) and now I haev 2 problems using pam:

1. cron
- i dont't want cron jobs to show up in auth syslog. I commented out line in
/etc/pam.d/cron:

#session    required   pam_unix.so

(as long as i found in pam documentation that sssion part of pam.unix is
responsible for syslog)
I restarted even cron, however, it still logs :(

2. xdm

I would like to set up additional groups xdm would log me into.
I added this line to /etc/pam.d/xdm:

auth            optional        pam_group.so

and this one to /etc/security/group.conf:

xdm ; :* ; * ; Al0000-2400 ; floppy, cdrom, audio, dialout

it works only when second field (tty) it * or :*  - I am logging to the
first local Xserver so it should be :0 or :0.0 - anyway none of these
doesn't work...

Could anyone point me to right documentation or help me another way?
--
 Matus "fantomas" Uhlar, uhlar@fantomas.sk ; http://www.fantomas.sk/
 A day without sunshine is like, night.