Re: How to mount external usb drive

    Joerg> is detected.  usbview says "Can not open
    Joerg> /proc/bus/usb/devices", which does not exist.  It says
    Joerg> furthermore "verify that the usbdevfs is mounted".
    Joerg> However, I have a kernel without devfs, does that make it
    Joerg> impossible to use usb drives?

No.  usbdevfs is available if you configured CONFIG_USB_DEVICEFS when
you compiled the kernel.

Try:

mount -t usbdevfs none /proc/bus/usb

Or add:

none            /proc/bus/usb   usbdevfs        defaults        00

to your /etc/fstab.

    Joerg> Thanks for helping me (or pointing me to the right docs...)

The "right docs(tm)" would be found at

http://www.linux-usb.org

You'll find almost everything that you need there, for most normal
purposes.  I don't know how special your case may be.  But good luck!

Marshal