XF86Config location

Hi all,

I have just installed Berlin (from unstable) on a woody box.  Now when
I try to start x (with startx) I get this message:

Could not find config file!
- Tried:
	/etc/XF86Config
	/usr/X11R6/lib/X11/XF86Config.jmelhuish
	/usr/X11R6/lib/X11/XF86Config

Given that it tried these locations it is not suprising that it didn't
find it, since it is /etc/X11/XF86Config.

I have tried to apt-get --reinstall install and dpkg-reconfigure
	xserver-common
	xserver-svga
	xbase-clients
	xfree86-common
	xlibs

and it hasn't helped.

Can someone tell me:

(a) Where is the Right Place (TM) to tell X where to find XF86Config
(b) If there is some way I can use debconf to repair this.

Thanks
Tom
--
Tom Cook

"That you're not paranoid does not mean they're not out to get you."
	- Robert Waldner

Get my GPG public key: https://pinky.its.adelaide.edu.au/tom.cook-at-adelaide.edu.au