Instalation question: Toshiba TECRA 8000

Hello,

I just recently came into the posesion of a toshiba tecra 8000 and have been having some trouble installing Dabian on it. I have been trying my old stack of bootable CD's and so far the only ditro I have been able to get to boot off the CD is Redhat 6.2(7.1 and 7.2 both don't boot either). If anyone has any suggestions on how I could get a Debian CD to install on this laptop I would apreciate the input.

-David A. Sakmar
dsakmar@kent.edu