Re: xemacs menu has LARGE fonts

"Tim Dijkstra" <newsuser@famdijkstra.org> writes:
> I use xemacs for general purpose editing, but since my last apt-get
> upgrade (which upgraded a lot of packages) the menu bar has a really
> big font. I can't find a way to change the font it's using, can
> anybody help me with this?

I bet you installed the 100dpi fonts?

There are two ways to fix the problem. 1) Make sure that the 75dpi
fonts are listed before the 100dpi fonts in your
/etc/XF86Config-4. Like:

Section "Files"
	FontPath	"/usr/lib/X11/fonts/75dpi/:unscaled"
	FontPath	"/usr/lib/X11/fonts/100dpi/:unscaled"
	FontPath	"/usr/lib/X11/fonts/75dpi"
	FontPath	"/usr/lib/X11/fonts/100dpi"
EndSection

or, 2) You can set the font Emacs (or XEmacs) uses for the menu by
setting the corresponding X resource. Just edit, or create, a file
named ~/.Xresources and put a line in there like:

Emacs*menubar.font:	-*-helvetica-medium-r-*-*-14-*-*-*-*-*-*-*

The "14" is the font size. You can use xfontsel to look at the
available fonts and choose one to your liking. Note that the line
above works for *both* XEmacs and GNU Emacs. Once you have that you
can do:

        xrdb ~/.Xresources

and you'll be good to go on all future invocations of Emacs.

Gary