Re: ntpdate tip -- hmm? [NEW TOPIC]

On Sat, Dec 28, 2002 at 11:28:26AM -0700, Bob Proulx wrote:

> > > after the "ntpdate -- don't do this thread" subject line won the
> > > award for longest thread in the last four decades, i thought i'd
> > > send up a flare and see what y'all think about my erstwhile tip
> > > above.
>
> It is almost good.
>
> Just by itself ntpdate I could not agree with for all of the reasons
> listed in the worlds longest thread.  But if you said this instead I
> personally would find it good.
>
>     apt-get install ntp ntp-simple ntp-doc ntpdate
>   then browse /usr/share/doc/ntp-doc/html for info.

how about this (below)?

--
I use Debian/GNU Linux version 2.2;
Linux server 2.2.17 #1 Sun Jun 25 09:24:41 EST 2000 i586 unknown

DEBIAN NEWBIE TIP #59 from Bob Proulx <bob@proulx.com>
:
Wanting to SYNCHRONIZE YOUR SYSTEM CLOCK periodically? If you
think your system clock gathers or loses a few extra seconds
each day, you're probably looking for "ntp" which queries
several "network time protocol" servers, and sets your system
clock accordingly.