Re: trubble apt-getting ~elphick postgresql

On Sun, Dec 22, 2002 at 07:18:06AM -0500, Seneca wrote:
> On Sun, Dec 22, 2002 at 01:10:13AM -0600, will trillich wrote:
> > i can't get apt-get update to yank the postgresql files from
> > people.debian.org/~elphick...
> [...]
> > in nosing around people.debian.org/~elphick/ via web browser
> > (galeon, of course :) ) i see that there is indeed no
> > 'dists' subdirectory there. there IS a repository/ subdir,
> > which is mentioned on the ~elphick/ page as "aptable" and i
> > tried that, too:
> >    deb http://people.debian.org/~elphick/repository woody main contrib non-free
> > (/repository appended) but with similar dismal results.
>
> After taking a look with links-ssl ;), I think the line could
> be:
>
>   deb http://people.debian.org/~elphick/repository/debian woody main contrib non-free

it was worth a shot, but--
	Failed to fetch http://people.debian.org/~elphick/repository/debian/dists/woody/main/binary-i386/Packages
	  404 Not Found
	Failed to fetch http://people.debian.org/~elphick/repository/debian/dists/woody/contrib/binary-i386/Packages
	  404 Not Found
	Failed to fetch http://people.debian.org/~elphick/repository/debian/dists/woody/non-free/binary-i386/Packages
	  404 Not Found
	Reading Package Lists... Done
	Building Dependency Tree... Done

apt looks for "dists" and th'ain't none thar.

what do i need in /etc/apt/sources.list to get the new
postgresql for woody, O debianista gurus? is there a cheat-sheet
available for newbies such as me?

--
I use Debian/GNU Linux version 2.2;
Linux server 2.2.17 #1 Sun Jun 25 09:24:41 EST 2000 i586 unknown

DEBIAN NEWBIE TIP #59 from Will Trillich <will@serensoft.com>
:
Wanting to SYNCHRONIZE YOUR SYSTEM CLOCK periodically? If you
think your system clock gathers or loses a few extra seconds
each day, you're probably looking for "ntpdate" which queries
several "network time protocol" servers, and sets your system
clock accordingly.
	apt-get install ntpdate ntp-doc
then browse /usr/share/doc/ntp-doc/html for info.