Re: MS Intellimouse Explorer

On Sun, 22 Dec 2002 16:08:52 -0500, Trey Sizemore <trey@fastmail.fm> wrote:
> I liked the idea of Knoppix and downloaded it to try.  I noticed that my
> Intellimouse Explorer (USB/optical) does not work however.  Side to side
> motion moves the mouse up and down (up and down does nothing) and
> clicking the mouse buttons moves the cursor to the right incrementally.
> The mouse works fine in Red Hat and Libranet, but I have the same mouse
> issue in Mandrake 9.0.  I have posted to both forums over the past weeks
> with no results (other than switch to a PS/2 mouse) and searched many
> FAQs.  Any help in resolving this issue is greatly appreciated.

I have the Intellimouse Explorer, and I get the same behaviour with
the default bootup. But have you tried booting Knoppix with "knoppix
wheelmouse" at the bootprompt? This enables IMPS/2 protocol for
wheelmice.

If this doesn't work, you could try the "expert" option.  This gives
you the option to interactively configure stuff. I haven't got around
to trying either of these myself, and I've just lent my Knoppix CD to
someone. See
http://download.linuxtag.org/knoppix/knoppix-cheatcodes.txt for a list
of boot-time options.

                                              Faheem.