Re: ntpdate from cron -- DON'T DO THAT!

On Sat, Dec 21, 2002 at 07:01:41PM -0600, John Hasler wrote:
> And that higher stratum server should be that of your ISP, if possible.
> IMHO all ISPs should make time servers available to their customers.

The NTP-docs mention that you should not use only one server, but more.
I've added a few others as well. Should ISPs offer multiple servers[1],
should I just use the one my ISP provides, or should I use the servers
from all the ISPs in the country?

[1] My provider, xs4all.nl pretends to have ntp.xs4all.nl, and
ntp2.xs4all.nl. Unfortunately, these names point to the same server.

Greetings,
    Chris Niekel

--
    I've been down so long, if I'd cheer up, I'd still be depressed.
            - Lisa Simpson, Moanin' Lisa Blues.