Re: Help setting up NetSaint on Debian 3.0

Am Mon, 2002-12-23 um 04.54 schrieb Ken McCord:
> Trying to set up NetSaint on a freshly installed box running Debian 3.0.
>  After getting the base system, X Windows and Mozilla loaded, I
> installed Apache and NetSaint.  During the NetSaint install, I had the
> package automatically configure Apahce, add the netsaintadmin user and
> enable NetSaint external command interface.
>
> After making sure both Apache and NetSaint are running, I opened Mozilla
> and went to http://localhost/netsaint (as per docs).  When I did this, I
> received:

The older "netsaint" is just an alias to some folder on your HD which is
not inside the apache document-root.

Try http://localhost/netsaint/ instead.
                             ^

> Not Found
> The requested URL /netsaint was not found on this server.
>
> What other configuration needs to be done to get NetSaint running.
>  During installation, the package states that this should be working (at
> a very base level) out of the box.

Well reading the documentation would help for a start. Last time i
checked it was very well written and easy to follow.

--

Matthias Hentges
Cologne / Germany

[www.hentges.net] -> PGP welcome, HTML tolerated
ICQ: 97 26 97 4   -> No files, no URL's

My OS: Debian Woody: Geek by Nature, Linux by Choice