Re: Xnest under X. Question.

Egor Tur said:
> Hi.
> I want to setup Xnest with depth 8 under X with depth 24. When I try do
> this I see messages Fatal server error:
> Unable to find desired default visual.

Last I read the only way to get 8bit on top of X would be to run X in
32bit color. Though not all cards(or drivers) are capable of it. And I
hear when doing this it goes reeeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaaal slow.

I've never heard of being able to do it otherwise, for any applications,
games or utilities.

perhaps one of the commerical X servers like AcceleratedX or Metro-X is
better at this then Xfree. You could also run a 2nd X server in a different
color depth(on the console), and run Xnest in that.

nate