Re: Which USB portable memory?

Lars Jensen wrote:

> Which brand name portable USB memory works well with linux? I'm thinking
> about getting something like a SanDisk Cruzer or an ImageMate w/Secure
> Digital media, but I'm not sure if it will work.

There are reports of the Cruzer working with SuSE 8.0, so apparently it
can be done.

Some ImageMate models work with Linux, and some don't, because some of
them are USB Mass Storage devices, and some aren't. I think there is a
custom driver in the Linux kernel for one of the non-USB-storage
ImageMates, but I don't recall offhand which one.

Craig