Mailman 2.1b6 - StringIO.py not found

Dear all,

setting up Mailman 2.1b6 on a Debian unstable system, everything but
the qrunner has been working fine.  When trying to run it from the
cron job, the jobs dies with the following error message:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/home/mailman/cron/qrunner", line 89, in ?
    from Mailman.Handlers import HandlerAPI
  File "/home/mailman/Mailman/Handlers/HandlerAPI.py", line 26, in ?
    from Mailman.pythonlib.StringIO import StringIO
ImportError: No module named pythonlib.StringIO

However, I found <StringIO.py> in </usr/lib/python2.2>.

Reading the README.LINUX file resulted in nothing new: They mentioned
to install python2.2-dev.  However:

# apt-get install python2.2-dev
Reading Package Lists... Done
Building Dependency Tree... Done
Sorry, python2.2-dev is already the newest version.

I assume, one needs to set the PYTHONPATH to include the
</usr/lib/python2.2> path.  Where shall I do that?

Thanks in advance for any help!

wbr,
Lukas
--