Re: fetchmail and mutt

Paul Scott, 2002-Dec-19 12:32 -0700:
> How does it "give it"?  How does tell the Procmail configuration how to
> find it?  I have similar questions about the rest of the steps below.  I
> have actually read a lot about this and still don't have answers to some
> of the basics.

Here's a good ~/.fetchmailrc
<bof>
set logfile "/home/jeff/.fetch/fetchlog"
set postmaster "root"
set bouncemail
set daemon 600
set properties ""

poll <mailservername> with proto IMAP   # or POP3
        user jcoppock there with password <mypassword> is jeff here
        options flush stripcr warnings 3600
mda 'maildrop'
        antispam 571 550 501 554
<eof>

I've ever used Exim, so you may need to replace Maildrop with Exim, or
Procmail if you plan to use that.

jc

--
Jeff Coppock		Systems Engineer