Re: how to build mozilla .deb's from sources?

On 12/19/02 09:05, Matus "fantomas" Uhlar wrote:
HEllo,

I'd like to compile mozilla distribution directly from source/CVS.
Is there any 'easy' way to do it? I see there is already
build/packages/debian directory in sources from mozilla.org; however i was
not able to compile mozilla using it.
Can anyone help me with proper instructions?

Here goes my way--not necessarily the _proper_ way (-:

I always get the sources from ftp.debian.org in /debian/pool/main/m/mozilla then grab the *.orig.tar.gz, *.diff.gz and *.dsc of whatever version I want (like mozilla_1.2.1-3.*) and save them to /home/me/wherever

To get them unified, I gather the three together in the same directory (just the three, into, say /moz_tmp), and do a "# dpkg-source -x *.dsc", which (for this example) produces: /home/me/wherever/moz_tmp/mozilla-1.2.1

I then cd to mozilla-1.2.1, and do a "# debian/rules binary-arch", which (hopefully) produces 13 different *.deb packages.

Oh, and the *.dsc shows the build-dependencies.

I believe an apt-get source package... will get sources too, but I'm not familiar with it, and I usually don't know its name, want a specific thing, or want to do something in the source tree before I compile the package(s).

Have fun--1.2.1 is quite good.
--
andrew