Re: [robertsharris@comcast.net: Re: Fw: Ga. Visit.]

On Thu, Dec 19, 2002 at 01:00:57AM -0500, Brian Nelson wrote:
> Ehem.  Mail-Copies-To: never.  Doesn't mutt respect that header?
>
> "Robert L. Harris" <Robert.L.Harris@rdlg.net> writes:
>
> > Thus spake Brian Nelson (nelson@bignachos.com):
> >
> >> http://kmself.home.netcom.com/Rants/gpg-signed-mail.html
> >>
> >> Tell your father to stop using OE, or any other MS mailer.  They're all
> >> broken and should never be used by anyone for any purpose.  Unless, of
> >> course, you want to demonstrate how piss-poor MS software can be.
> >>
> >   Ok, I'll give him your phone number to call when he has questions and
> > can't understand why the background on his mailer changed colors.  He's
> > 65 and has just learned windows in the last 2 years, uses his computer
> > just to send email every other day so he's oh so motivated to learn
> > something new every day instead of going out on the boat fishing or what
> > not down in his Fla retirement village.
>
> Just because he uses windows doesn't mean he has to use quite possibly
> the worst piece of software *ever* written.  There's a few relatively
> sane email clients available for windows.  If he refuses to learn to use
> a new mailer, then he can live with opening signed mails as attachments,
> break virtually every rule of email netiquette, risk getting/spreading
> viruses, etc.  I won't lose any sleep over it.

OE sucks, but it does have the one merit that it's easy for someone
who knows nothing about computers to Send And Receive An Email. Having
got that far, everything else is a pain in the arse.

I quite like Forte Agent, it's just a little bit like a graphical
version of mutt, sort of. It's a bit harder to get it going than OE
but a lot nicer when you have. Its biggest problem is you can't read
the help file with your background colour set to black. If you set it
up for your father, I don't think he'd have much trouble using it.

Pigeon