Re: sound module stuck

David H. Clymer wrote:

Hi folks!

Is there any way to force the removal of a loaded kernel module? For
some reason, my sound just stopped working and all audio programs are
saying that they cant open my audio device, and so I was going to try to
reload the module for my soundcard, but when I do an rmmod es1370 it
says that it is in use (though i'm pretty sure its not.
It's probably being used by another module. Like in this example:

Module                  Size  Used by    Tainted: PF
vmnet                  17920   5
vmmon                  18228   6
i810_audio             20424   0
soundcore               3460   2  [i810_audio]
ac97_codec              9544   0  [i810_audio]

I wouldn't be able to rmmod the soundcore and ac97_codec modulse until I first rmmod'd the i810_audio module.

So what does the output of lsmod look like?

Kent