RE: X startup & immediate shutdown (no errors) SOLVED

Thanks to everyone who responded.  In the end, the answer is to have TWM
as the last command in my .xsession file.  TWM is minimal enough that it
doesn't get in my way, yet forces the X windows session to stay alive
until TWM quits -- which I never do.

Drew Cohan
debian@drewcohan.com