Re: Spamassasin says Debian 3.0r1 announcement is spam...

    "Clive" == Clive Standbridge <sink@ghaary.connectfree.co.uk> writes:

    Clive> On Mon 16 Dec 2002 19:40:11 +0000(-0600), Shyamal Prasad
    Clive> wrote:
    >>  Thanks for all the clues. The truth is I do not run
    >> spamassassin on messages that are from a Debian list since the
    >> mailing list server runs it anyway. I guess those servers run
    >> stable ;-)

    Clive> I don't run spamassassin either, yet my copy of the
    Clive> announcement contained
    >> version=2.43 X-Spam-Level:

    Clive> Shouldn't we have received the same text? I assume we're
    Clive> looking at the same message i.e.
    >> To: Debian Announcements <debian-announce@lists.debian.org>
    >> Subject: Debian GNU/Linux 3.0 updated (r1) Message-ID:
    >> <20021216112531.GX3045@finlandia.infodrom.north.de>

Well, I get debian-announce at work and those headers match what you
quote above. But at home I'm not subscribed to debian-announce, so
perhaps I got it off debian-user. I'm pretty sure I don't run
spamassassin on the debian messages, but I'm going to have a good look
at my .procmailrc (AFAIK I'm pulling filtering all marked spam and
debian messages off in my .procmailrc and then running spamassassin on
everything else).

I guess I've got something messed up, I can't quite believe that one
debian list runs a different version of spamassassin than another
list.....

Cheers!
Shyamal