Re: smtp of ISP needs passwd,how to setup exim?

This one time, at band camp, Carlos Sousa said:
> > You misunderstand (or I didn't bother to explain clearly) - I wasn't
> > answering the OP with a suggestion of how to go about his problem, I
> > was answering someone else's question about how SMTP AUTH was possible
> > if you don't send a password, but do for POP.
>
> Yes, you were answering me (among others?), you were very clear, and I'm
> sure I understood you. You actually did what I should have done, which
> was research on the topic and a concise posting of the findings, and
> helped enlarge my personal knowledge on these matters. For that I am
> thankful.
>
> I just reacted, not to you, but to the concept of authenticating smtp
> connections by watching unrelated network traffic.
>
> Hope that's cleared up :)

No harm no foul (^:  Yes it is a bit of an ugly hack, but I suppose it's
good for ISP's and such that want to use authentication without having
to do a lot of tech support.
|  Stephen Gran                  | I was playing poker the other night...  |
|  steve@lobefin.net             | with Tarot cards. I got a full house    |
|  http://www.lobefin.net/~steve | and 4 people died. -- Steven Wright     |