Re: smtp of ISP needs passwd,how to setup exim?

This one time, at band camp, Carlos Sousa said:
> > steve:~$ apt-cache show pop-before-smtp
>
> Talk about ugly hacks. This has to be one of the stupidest piggyback
> authentication schemes ever devised by "human man".
>
> Anyway, the OP need concern himself only with the fetching of email,
> the smtp authentication is completely out of his hands.

You misunderstand (or I didn't bother to explain clearly) - I wasn't
answering the OP with a suggestion of how to go about his problem, I was
answering someone else's question about how SMTP AUTH was possible if
you don't send a password, but do for POP.  The OP needs to send
authentication from the client-side authenticators at the end of
exim.conf, presumably.

|  Stephen Gran                  | Stop searching forever.  Happiness is   |
|  steve@lobefin.net             | unattainable.                           |