Debian 3.0 Updated R1 Problem!

We just installed the new R1 Update programs in our new mail server. We
are getting the following error when running "ps ax |less":

"ps: error while loading shared libraries: libproc.so.2.0.6: cannot open
shared object file: No such file or directory"

There is a "libproc.so.2.0.7" in the lib directory. This is an important
library - could someone tell us how to fix this problem?

We are running Kernel version 2.4.18 that is custom built. We did not have
this problem before the update, and we did rebuild the kernel after the
update to see if this would solve the problem.

Thanks,

Ken Rea