Re: Quake 3 + nVidia drivers

On Tue, Dec 17, 2002 at 09:23:22AM -0500, John Mitchell wrote:
> Hello list,
>
> Using quake 3 on debian woody with the nvidia drivers the game loads
> fine but the display is all garbled.
> Has anyone else had this problem or know how to fix it?

From the Linux Gamers' FAQ:
"Q: I get weird looking textures when playing Q3 using the nvidia
drivers.

A: This is a result of having Mesa GL libs somewhere on your system.
The nvidia driver usually does a good job of finding and removing
these conflicting libraries, but some times they get missed or maybe
re-installed by other programs."

Check the rest of it out at http://www.icculus.org/lgfaq/

I didn't have this problem, but someone I was helping just the other
day did.  This helped solving the problem.

--
Edward Guldemond