Re: Booting Kernel

> Hello all,
>
> I boot debian from a floppy, I have my / partion on /dev/hdb1, Is there
> anyway to make lilo boot debian from /dev/hdb1?
>
> Do I reinstall lilo?
>
> Thanks..

That's part of it...
You need to have the kernel on /dev/hdb1 as well as a System.map and
(probably) a few others.
What you can do though is to create a /etc/lilo.conf file with two
entries, one for your floppy boot and another for you /dev/hdb1 boot.
that way, if the /dev/hdb boot fails, you can revert back to the floppy
boot.
Is the floppy disk just a rescue-type disk or is that were you have the
kernel?