xset somehow broken?

I used to use "xset -s off" to poweroff screen blanking on X when I was
watching TV on my desktop in the past.

Now it seems that this option, though remaning documented (in xset manpage)
is broken? Running Xfree4.2 on Debian unstable, it doesnt prevent the screen
from blanking after 20 minutes without keyboard/mouse input.

Someone suggested I use "xset -dpms" which should perform what I wish,
anyway, does anyone have a clue about the "xset -s off" being broken? Does
it deserve a bug report?

Vincent

 .''`.                            | Vincent Deffontaines
: :'  :   Debian GNU/Linux        | Network Administrator
`. `~'    http://www.debian.org   | Council of Europe
  `-