Re: gnome 1.4 rather than 2 w/ unstable?

Hi,

On Tue, Dec 17, 2002 at 03:15:38AM +0000, Karsten M. Self wrote:
> Is it possible to run GNOME 1.4 rather than 2 on unstable?
>
> My understanding is that there are only 2.x debs in unstable, and that
> they will replace the equivalent 1.4 debs.  Doesn't this somewhat
> violate the principle of cleanly seperating out major versions of major
> systems, a'la Perl, Python, glibc, etc.?

I'm fairly certain that yes it does override the GNOME desktop and
associted programs, however all the gnome1.4 libraries stay in tact (for
backwards compat).  I guess i'm not sure if that would violate policy or
not (maybe no since the libs are still avaliable)?

-Cam