continuing email problems

derrick and all:
Tried suggestions re: authentication; still got "relay prohibited; you
should authenticate first."
Finally uncommented all the methods in the client-side authentication
lines in exim.conf. got something slightly different when sending, this
time to chomiak@shellworld.net.
result included below. The upshot was "relaying prohibitted. You are not
allowed to relay."

Also tried telnet to smtp.chartermi.net
24.213.60.110 smtp
Was able to do that; help gives list of commands.
Sender was accepted but any email address I put in for rcpt was "you
should authenticate first.
there is an AUTH command, but anything I tried with that just got me
'authorization failed: unknown SASL method"
Help did have an email address to send problems to:
cgp-support@stalker.com
so may try writing to them.

Here is the text of my return from shellworld.net sent through
chartermi.net--message cut out.

Cheryl

  chomiak@shellworld.net
    SMTP error from remote mailer after RCPT TO:<chomiak@shellworld.net>: