Re: change terminal type while using 'screen'

On Mon, Dec 16, 2002 at 09:50:15AM -0700, Bob Proulx wrote:
> Sandip P Deshmukh <deshmukh@escortsmumbai.com> [2002-12-16 19:07:42 +0530]:
> > is there a way by which i can force screen to make terminal appear to be
> > linux? this will solve several of my colour related problems.
>
> Yes, a confusing thing that the newer version does but the older
> version did not do.  I wish it went back to the older configuration.
> It makes logging into other systems which don't have screen installed
> a problem.
>
> You have two options.  You can start up screen with -T $TERM.
>
>   screen -T $TERM

well, i did this. now when i start screen and do echo $TERM, it does say
linux. however, there seems to be some error as some applications like
centericq and mutt do not look the same!

so, i changed my vim to vim -T linux to make things run for the time
being.

--
regards,

sandip p deshmukh