Re: mailto followup headers (was: Re: Content Management System sought)

* Nori Heikkinen (nori@sccs.swarthmore.edu) [021216 16:59]:
> on Sat, 14 Dec 2002 04:13:00PM -0500, Stephen Gran insinuated:
> > It _should_, but it didn't.  To fix the crazy pager settings, use this
> >
> > folder-hook . 'set index_format="%4C %Z %{%b%d} %-15.15n(%4c) %s"'
> >
> > It makes the From: appear normally for mailing lists in the pager.
>
> okay, only one catch: that's perfect for every box except for sent.
> how do i (or where should i read to find out how) tell mutt's pager to
> display whom it's to, but only in the sent box?

Well, you can do one better.  Change the 'n' to an 'F' above.  Then
mutt will show the author's name, unless the author is you, in which
case it shows "To recipient".  To determine if it's from you, mutt looks
at $alternates, which is is a regex signifying the addresses which are
yours.  So set alternates = your@address and use F in your index_format,
and it will work for all your folders, and give you useful information
about each message.

Some people might like %n instead of %F, especially in the case of list
addresses, but like you see, it's dumb for a folder containing sent
messages.  You could make use of both (choosing a different one
per-folder) by using folder-hooks.  For my purposes, I just use

set   index_format="%4C %Z %[!%b%d] %-17.17F(%?M?#%3M&%4c?) %s"

and don't use a folder-hook for it.

good times,
Vineet
--