putty logout hang

Hi,
Whenever I login to my woody server and run a command
and place it in the background, I can't logout from the putty
window properly.
For example:
I'll use putty (ssh), login and run an rsync command over the network.
(This command may take 10 minutes)
So I ^Z it, and then bg it to the background.
I then use the exit command and I logout but the putty window hangs.

If I don't have background commands running everything is fine.

Anyone else have this problem?
Its not really a big deal, just wondering if this is putty thing or what.

Thanks
Mike