Re: mutt won't send mail now

On Sun, Dec 15, 2002 at 03:41:13PM -0500, cmustard wrote:
> My mutt has fleas,...well anyway,
>
> I posted earlier that /usr/bin/mutt was giving me 'message aborted
> error' when i was trying to reply to emails and someone was kind
> enough to point out that ${EDITOR} was probably not specified, he was right.
> well now it appears that mutt doesn't know 'how' to send mail.
> It will state message sent but nothing will be sent. I looked at /etc/Muttrc
> and ~/.muttrc and there is no line about what sendmail to use.
> I found a line 'set sendmail' and tried to configure it to
> set sendmail='/usr/sbin/exim' but that doesn't appear to work. I don't
> know what happened to my 'mutt' files, it was working fine.
> 'mail' and exim/sendmail still work and are configured fine because i
> can sendmail from the command line fine.
>
> I would appreciate any .config files or examples anyone may have,
> thanks.

Unless you have changed it, mutt's default is set to use
"/usr/sbin/sendmail -oem -oi", so you should not need an entry in
muttrc. On Debian/GNU, /usr/sbin/sendmail will be a symlink to your
MTA. As long as /usr/sbin/sendmail is a symlink to exim, try checking the
exim logs in /var/log/exim or exim's queues to see what is happening
to your message.

--
Jerome