Re: Courier-IMAP folder layout

-- Alex Malinovich <demonbane@the-love-shack.net> wrote
(on Friday, 13 December 2002, 11:38 PM -0600):
> I've decided to give courier a shot at replacing uw-imap since it's
> gotten really slow lately. I've got it set up on a testing machine, but
> I'm having a problem with getting a proper folder hierarchy set up.
> Using uw-imap, I can create as many root folders as I want. That way,
> when I open up my folder view in Evolution I can see:
>
> - username@servername
>   |-- INBOX
>   |-- Trash
>   --- Work
>     |-- Memos
>     |-- Personal
>     |-- Professional
>
> However, on the courier-imap server, I have the following:
>
> - username@servername
>   --- INBOX
>     |-- Inbox
>     |-- Trash
>
> That is, all of my folders are being created within the INBOX
> (~/Maildir) folder. I understand that this is a feature of the maildir
> format as well as how to do hierarchical folders within the Maildir
> folder. But what I need is a way to "hide" INBOX (since it's not really
> an inbox at all) and ONLY show Inbox and Trash like I can with the
> uw-imap server. Either that or a way to have multiple maildir's called
> different things within my home directory so that I can have folders
> other than just INBOX shown as the default. Any suggestions? TIA.
When connecting to the IMAP server, how do you specify the path?

For instance, I connect to mine using mutt. I specify the IMAP path as:
    imap://servername/INBOX
and thus, when I look at my list of folders, I see only those *below*
the INBOX level. With courier, this also means I have an INBOX.INBOX
which is my actual inbox.

In your case, it looks like the setup is such that you should specify
the connection as imap://username@servername/INBOX -- which should then
get the appropriate list for you.

--
Matthew Weier O'Phinney