Re: Exchange Calendar client?

On Fri, Dec 13, 2002 at 09:28:44AM +0100, Holger Rauch wrote:
> On Thu, 12 Dec 2002, Robert L. Harris wrote:
>
> > Not an option, the CEO is doing the "exchange is the only true calendar
> > app!" thing.  I'd rather not come back with a "but linux doesn't work
> > nicely with that proprietary, bloated PoS" as he'd only hear "linux
> > doesn't work"...
>
> Then tell your CEO that he is wrong.

Ha.  This is like my school.  Here, IT is wholly MS-oriented.  Even some of
the CS department is scared of Linux, though apparently someone's been
allowed to set up a standalone network.  To access the rest of the world
they shut down the systems, swap out the HD's, and boot windoze.  They
refuse to put linux on the same HD, since they are sure some naughty student
there will be able to access the windoze partition and ruin it...

I nearly laughed at the guy who told me this (CS department). He insisted
that he had read about such problems on the Net. This is the same fellow who
tells his students that >90% of Web material is trash.

I also reminded him of the fact that students are able to modify their c:
drives anyway... he went off unfazed.

Kenward
--
In a completely rational society, the best of us would aspire to be
_teachers_ and the rest of us would have to settle for something less,