Re: [debian-user] kde3 widget themes gone

>--[Warren Dodge]--<warren.dodge@akamail.com>
> This one time, at band camp, Rüdiger Kuhlmann said:
> > >--[Matias Hermanrud Fjeld]--<mhf@hex.no>

> > I noticed something strange with the theme as well, however, I couldn't
> > pinpoint it. But since yesterday my konsole crashes at startup - and I
> > can't figure out which updated package caused this. I tried to downgrade
> > everything that was updated the last few days where I could find an older
> > package in my archive, however, that didn't help, either. Anyone any clue?
> Sounds like you got the new QT libs. See:
> http://lists.debian.org/debian-kde/2002/debian-kde-200212/msg00129.html

Ah, probably. Thanks for the tip - however, I already "solved" it by using
yet another set of unofficial .debs for KDE - the 3.1rc5 ones. Transition
was painfull as usual - several packages fighting over some desktop entries,
one conflict for fixincludes (on which linda depends), and after the upgrade
finally made it's way, all fonts were borked. That's really cool if a
requester pops up with hundreds of lines of missing-glyph symbols! Anyway, I
could set them to some sane values and everything was fine. However, now
konsole can't use the Unicode font anymore - it simply displays Chinese(?)
glyphs instead of latin ones. Really strange! It seems font (selection) has
always been the Archilles heel of Qt/KDE :-(. I want my unicode font back!
If you have tips for that as well, I'd be happy :-)

--
         100 DM =  51  € 13 ¢.
         100  € = 195 DM 58 pf.