Re: Getting rid of gnome and kde

On Thu, Dec 12, 2002 at 06:24:12PM -0500, Andrew Perrin wrote:
> For some reason on the laptop I just installed debian on, I ended up with
> kde and gnome as the default desktops. I want my fvwm back! How do I rid
> myself of these?
not sure as there are massive dependancy issues...

i did an interesting experiment which was to do an installation by
installing the base sytem only [answering no to using task sel or
dselect] then whenever i needed something eg vim, less, grep etc i just
installed it. The result was a very slic system but was annoying to
start with!

i also used aptitude instead of apt-get which was great a big
improvement.

ended up using ice as the wm but flux would have done and you sound like
you have a thing for fvwm!

have a go -if you have time to kill!

sorry, that doesnt really answer your q but thought it was kinda
relevant!

hugh