Re: Bugs in Browsers: Mozilla & Co. vs. Exploder

Lukas Ruf said:

> What do you think?

wouldn't this introduce problems when it came to authenticating with
the X server? I mean, another user running mozilla probably cannot
just do it. You need to grant that user access to connect to your
display.

and if multiple users are using mozilla, that introduces even more
trouble, they could potentitally gain access to your display.

you could tweak it by having mozilla run under a different userid
for each user on the system but that makes things a lot more complicated
as well.

also where would your preferences be stored? mozilla has to write
to something to store preferences, disk cache and other things. If
everyone used the same uid to run mozilla(e.g. nobody) then everyone
would be able to change each other's options. Quota management for
systems that use quotas(none of mine do) may be an issue too.

sounds like an interesting idea though. I would think if someone is
that paranoid about security they could just use another account
entirely(or another system) for web browsing. Perhaps something
like VNC, or ssh to another system and tunnel mozilla, or use
multiple local X servers.

nate