Re: Installing a CD burner and USB head card

On Wed, Dec 11, 2002 at 11:37:20PM +0800, Barry Cugley wrote:
> Q1. How can I find out if the hardware has been found and what do I do if it
> has not been found?

lsmod, and look for the USB module.  (There are two separate ones for
most x86 based machines - I use uhci).

> A driver for the CD burner has to be found and installed.
> Q2. How might I choose a driver and where should I look for it?

Most USB CD Burners are just IDE drives with a USB converter slapped
on the back.  In my case, all I had to do was load the USB Mass
Storage module, and it worked just fine.  You might want to check The
Linux USB Project[1] as they will have more info on your device.

[1] http://www.linux-usb.org/

--
Edward Guldemond