Re: from intel onboard Lan and audo to install 2.4.50

[Please, please, please, please trim your quotes, and use some
capitalisation, your mails hurt to read]

On Mon, Dec 09, 2002 at 06:56:12PM -0700, eric lin wrote:
> some say newest kernel 2.5.50 can solve all above hardware(intel board
> on board LAN and audio ) problem, so I download full tar.gz, choose what
> my hardware fit
> make install

Use make-kpkg in the kernel-package package.

> error happen, I justify one of it, first one, in
> linux-2.4.50/include/asm-i386/io_apic.h
> containing sis_apic_bug  not include its .h file

As Colin already said, if you can't handle this, you shouldn't be using
2.5 kernels.  Some of them don't build, and many (most) have serious
bugs that could cause data loss.  If you want to go ahead with this,
you'll have to get help from lkml, but be prepared to be thoroughly
roasted.

> also I have difficult(unsuccess) patch 2.5.50
> I did
> gzip -cd patch-2.5.50-ac1.gz  | patch -p0
                                          ^
s/0/1/

-rob