Re: need help on webserver or apache

pasha wrote:
You should be modifying /etc/apache/httpd.conf (unless you have built the
source by hand - then: find /etc -iname "httpd.conf")

According to the documentation for apache 1.3 - you should be loading
mod_dir module somewhere in your httpd.conf (usually it is already included,
but could be commented out - in which case you should uncomment the line;
otherwise, this is the line from my httpd.conf:

LoadModule dir_module /usr/lib/apache/1.3/mod_dir.so

then, somewhere in your httpd.conf you should also include the following
lines:

<IfModule mod_dir.c>
    DirectoryIndex index.html index.htm index.shtml index.cgi
</IfModule>
This 'should do the trick'.

As far as your cgi's are concerned, debianized system would often keep its
cgi scripts in /usr/lib/cgi-bin - but you should make sure that your
httpd.conf has appropriate entries for cgi's:

LoadModule cgi_module /usr/lib/apache/1.3/mod_cgi.so

ScriptAlias /cgi-bin/ /usr/lib/cgi-bin/

<Directory /usr/lib/cgi-bin/>
    AllowOverride None
    Options ExecCGI
    Order allow,deny
    Allow from all
</Directory>

same thing , after i adding these line reboot, to my site fill out some info in my form, hit submit
the browser show

Method Not Allowed
The requested method POST is not allowed for the URL /index.html.

please help again, or any linuxer's advice

[these lines were taken from the default httpd.conf supplied with debian's
apache package]

Hope this helps... if you are having problems with cgi's in apache, you
should read over the following:
http://httpd.apache.org/docs/mod/mod_cgi.html

:P