Re: web site database backend?

On Tue, 10 Dec 2002, Tim Verry wrote:

> Knowing very little about Linux database options...
>
> Is there a way to have a database that accepts data from html forms, but
> which requires no administration whatsoever on the web server side?
> IOW a database that the user could put in their own directory structure
> that they could use, without the equivalent of Window's Control Panel
> ODBC connections being setup in advance?

I'm a big fan of SQLite.  almost full SQL features (including
transactions,)  lightweight, and incredibly fast.

apt-get install libdbd-sqlite-perl

to get the database and DBD driver for perl in one tiny package.  There
are also packages for C, TCL and python APIs.

--
Jaldhar H. Vyas <jaldhar@debian.org>