RE: Imp3/Horde2 just dumps me back to the login screen

-----Original Message-----
From: Joe Emenaker [mailto:joe@emenaker.com]
Sent: Wednesday, 11 December 2002 12:24 PM
To: debian-user@lists.debian.org
Subject: Imp3/Horde2 just dumps me back to the login screen

Okay... I *had* horde2/imp3 working about a few weeks ago.

Now, it doesn't work. This probably happened after one of my apt-get
update/upgrade runs. Normally, when stuff breaks after an upgrade, I can fix
it myself, but this has me stumped.

When I go to http://myservername/horde2, I get the login screen. I type in
my username and password and hit enter and the browser waits for a few
seconds and then, pow, I get the login screen again.

Now, the frustrating part here is that I'm getting no error messages... none
on the page the browser presents, none in the Apache logs, none in syslog,
daemon.log... nothing. It's almost as if imp3 thinks that it was *supposed*
to work this way. The only evidence that I have that imp3/horde2 is doing
*anything* at all is in the mail.info log, which shows an imap connection
being established from "localhost" with the proper username/password.

The IMAP server, itself, seems to be working fine. I can get to all of my
mail via Outlook Express or Mozilla Mail.

Mysql seems to be working properly, too. I can connect to the database and
list tables, etc.

A complete purge/reinstall of php4, php4-imap, php4-ldap, php4-pear, horde2,
imp3, and turba doesn't solve the problem.

Has anyone had this problem before?

Incidentally, the only reason I switched to horde2/imp3 from horde/imp2 is
because the older horde/imp2 started doing this same kind of thing earlier.
The only difference was that horde/imp2 kept reporting that the
username/password was incorrect which, although untrue, was more error
message than horde2/imp3 is giving me.

- Joe

I have an almost working system, and had similar results along the way.

One thing I would check is the host name of the server in /etc/hosts, the
Server name in /etc/apache/httpd.conf and check the client can resove ok.

can you run the horde/test.php and horde/imp/test.php ?

I started making notes about the install procedure, but I lost my way, if
you have any notes perhaps we can compare.

Right now, all I want to change is the url from webmail.server.com/horde.imp
to webmail.server.com and I would also like to try to get the imap component
to use imap/ssl to login to my exchange server.

Matt