Re: GSview on Debian anybody?

On Tue, Dec 10, 2002 at 01:24:18PM +0100, Volodya Mumariv wrote:
> Stephen Patterson wrote:
> >
> >On 9 Dec 2002 12:34:10 -0800, Volodya Mumariv wrote:
> >> Did anybody succeed to pack GSview for Debian or install it in any
> >> ather way?
> >
> >Yes, there's a gv package (from the package info)
> > gv' is a comfortable viewer of PostScript and PDF files for the X
> > Window System.
> > .
> > It uses the ghostscript' PostScript(tm) interpreter and is based
> > on the classic X front-end for gs', ghostview'. It is more
> > comfortable and more powerful than ghostview'.
>
> Sorry, I was not exact. I need GSview because of its functionality (through
> gs of course) to select and convert certain part of ps file into high
> resolution raster graphics. Is gv able to save ps as high resolution jpg,
> tiff or png for example? If not, what are debian people using for that
> purpose (except CL driven gs)?

There's no handy interface I'm aware of like w/ GSview, but all the
actual work is done by gs.  Look up device selections, resolution
selections and -dTextAlpha and -dGraphicsAlpha.  This is clearly a
case where a nicer GUI would be useful...

--
"...the plural of anecdote is [not?] data."  - attrib. to George Stigler