Re: Sounds of silence--I want volume!

Hi yall & Shyamal,

thanx for that feedback.

I used "kuser" to manage the groups.

But I now think the problem was 'cdrom" is actually a link to my ASUS "dvdrom."

What I needed to do, I think, is create this group & then add myself to it too?

I think that is correct?

*BFN*

H :-)

Hey, it compiles! Ship it!

Shyamal Prasad wrote:

   "Haralambos" == Haralambos Geortgilakis <haralambos@ihug.co.nz> writes:

   Haralambos> my Sound Blaster 128 goes fine for root, but as a mere
   Haralambos> user, does not.

   Haralambos> I've added myself to both the cdrom & audio groups,
   Haralambos> but still I get the following error message in KDE
   Haralambos> 3.0.4, when trying to use KSCD.

Did you logout and log back in after adding yourself to these groups?
What does the 'groups' command say?
Cheers!
Shyamal