Re: "What satisfies this dependancy?"

Phil Edwards wrote:
Here's a simple question, I'm sure:

We all know how packages can provide meta-virtual-package-dependancy
thingies, e.g., the mailx package requires a mail-transport-agent package,
and a bunch of packages all provide mail-transport-agent, so take your pick.

How do I discover what installed package is currently providing/satisfying
one of those kinds of dependancies?  Continuing the above example,
how do I find out which of the many possible packages is providing
mail-transport-agent on an installed system?

(The actual problems at hand are with libraries, but the solution should
be the same, or similar enough.)

Thanks,
Phil

Install grep-dctrl and then you can use "grep-available -F Provides -s Package mail-transport-agent"