crontab

Hello:

I'm new to Debian although I have some experience with other distros.

I'm having some difficutlty running my own cronjob. Debian seems to be a little different than what I'm used to in this regard. It ignores my defined crontab.

I set up a crontab to run at hourly intervals as both user root and user news. This is to run leafnode. By accident I noticed that there was a daily cronjob set up I guess by the Leafnode deb, but I don't understand how it works - it references the debian-config in my /etc/news/leafnode directory.

Comments, suggestions welcome.