Re: NVidia Riva TNT PCI with XFree86

Hi,

This isn't true. These packages are for the nvidia kernel drivers, which are the nvidia propietary drivers.
The X server contains a package for nvidia cards named "nv". This is a free driver, but doesn't contain any 3d
acceleration. You probably misconfigured the x server somewhere.

A good way to debug your XF86Config-4 is typing:
X -configure
Then see if it starts up. If it does, just look at the file created in the directory you were in while running this command,
it should have a name like XF86Config.new or something, and find the differences with your config file (especially in the
"device" section).

gl,
Wim