NVidia Riva TNT PCI with XFree86

Hi,

I am having some hassle setting up my NVidia Riva TNT PCI graphics card with XFree86 on Debian 3.0 rev0.

I have set up the device manually in the XF86Config-4 as a "nv" type, but when I try to start X, it just tries to display, then retrys endlessly.

Do I need to add NVidia drivers? I noticed that there is an NVidia drivers source deb when I did a package search.

Has anyone set this up?

Cheers,

Ben

--
benjim@bikerider.com

http://www.mail.com/?sr=signup

One click access to the Top Search Engines
http://www.exactsearchbar.com/mailcom